Solidarity: Korean vs Arab


A few days after 9/11, I emailed a number of Arab-American sites.

I assumed they'd be fearful, as I was. The victims came first. But what about the potential for ill considered anti Muslim reaction? I asked the sites, why so.....SILENT? A PERFECT opportunity to be part of America and its sorrow- distance themselves from Arab extremists. And, it goes without saying- help deflect ill considered racism from them and their families.

I mentioned young Japanese Americans during WWII: Though their families were often herded into concentration camps, they signed up, fought well and became among the most, if not THE most highly decorated American units in WWII.


And now, time for patriotic Arab-"Americans" to stand up and be counted. Never happened. Silence.


Interesting contrast with Korean solidarity over the tragic death of one one hundredth as many innocent Americans.

And they're not even American citizens.